Break the Floor Productions
5446 Satsuma Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Break the Floor Productions is one of the world's preeminent dance entertainment companies, encompassing touring theatrical productions, dance workshops, photo and video production, corporate events and apparel. With a broad range of business prospects and a reach of over 500,000+ dancers annually, we are largely responsible for the transformation of dance entertainment.
We are currently seeking a Merchandise Manager in our offices / warehouse located in Hollywood, California.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME JOB.
Duties will include:
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities- Establishing a relationship and developing new merchandise with manufacturers
- Reviewing current sales systems on tours and implementing / recommending necessary systems to streamline inventory management and loss prevention
- Overseeing inventory management and reordering procedures to ensure tours travel with appropriate inventory
- Overseeing touring merchandise sales staff
- Overseeing media production and sales staff
- Working with IT department to maximize online media and apparel sales and exposure to customers
- Reviewing and evaluating current price points and sales strategies to maximize sales
- Monitoring sales in cities across the tour and implementing sales plans to maximize overall tour sales
- Occasional travel on weekends to various tours to oversee sales efforts
Experience / Qualifications- 2+ years of experience in the merchandise field with knowledge of inventory systems and logistics, sales systems, and design
- Experience with managing sales staffs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter eager to create and manage a comprehensive inventory and sales structure
- Relationships with merchandise manufacturers a plus, but not necessary.
- Dancewear or dance apparel knowledge a huge plus, but not necessary.
Time Commitment- Applicant must be available full-time, and able to get to work location between Mon-Fri.
POSTITION TO BEGIN IMMEDIATELY.Salary commensurate with experience; benefits available. Please email your resume & past experience to email@example.com with MERCHANDISE MANAGER APPLICATION in the subject line.