UI UX Designer
About Break The Floor Productions:
Break The Floor Productions is one of the world's preeminent dance entertainment companies, encompassing touring theatrical productions, dance workshops, photo and video production, corporate events and apparel. With a broad range of business prospects and a reach of over 300,000+ dancers annually, Break The Floor Productions is largely responsible for the transformation of dance entertainment.
We are seeking a full-time UI/UX Designer to join our small development/creative team. The designer should be able to think creatively and intelligently and be should be able to provide purpose with each design decision. Above all else, the designer must be enthusiastic about design and usability.
- Research users and create user journeys
- Create well thought out user stories
- Create functional and responsive wireframe layouts
- Create in-depth prototypes for our developers
- Collaborate with design and development team to create modern designs and user interfaces
- Collaborate with other team members in a fast paced environment
- Stay current with design trends and the evolving landscape of technology
- Put usability and functionality above all else
- 3+ years experience with Web/UI/UX design
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Proficient in Sketch or XD
- Ability to create wireframes and mockups
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Flexible! You are in a position that may require many different hats
- Ability to receive feedback and change directions quickly
- Thrive in an environment with quick turnaround time
- Strong design skills and portfolio showcasing your work
- Collaborate with team members to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- Ability to work full-time in house in our office in North Hollywood, CA
- Experience with HTML/CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation or Material
- Experience with JS frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Experience in the dance or entertainment industry is a plus
For this position, we are looking for a candidate that isn’t just another cog in a machine, but someone who is motivated, flexible, and willing to grow. Because of the small size of this team, this candidate can move up quickly if they show initiative, display leadership qualities and work well with other members of the core team.
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume, portfolio and a description of why you would be a great addition to our team!