- Employment status: Full-time, open immediately
- Typical work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm with the potential of weekend and evening work onsite when necessary.
- Travel: If assigned, the availability to travel via air with our Tours Thursdays - Sundays.
About Our Business:
Break the Floor Productions is one of the world’s preeminent dance entertainment
production companies, encompassing live dance touring conventions and
competitions, dance workshops, photo and video production, corporate events, and
apparel with a reach of over 300,000 dancers at over 130 tours annually.
We’re a rapid growth company and are always looking for great new people to join our team! Like to travel? Absolutely! The creative type? Yep! A people person? Sure! - we encourage you to apply!
About the Position:
The Executive Assistant position supports our Executive Directors. Knowledge of the dance convention business is a HUGE plus!
Essential Job Duties:
- Weekday office work in our Hollywood offices.
- Providing administrative support for multiple company projects.
- Arranging travel and maintaining executive schedules
- Overseeing office accounts with vendors, airlines, phone, etc.
- Proficiency with handling multiple assignments at once.
- Serving as company liaison for office building personnel.
- When assigned, assisting various touring convention staffs with various assignments.
- Ability to prioritize in a busy environment, complete assigned work and anticipate current and future needs.
- Clerical tasks such as sorting, preparing mailers, handling information requests.
- Travelling to events may be necessary at times, please indicate whether you are comfortable with air travel.
Basic Skills & Knowledge:
- Highly Detail-Oriented with Excellent Organization and Proofing Skills
- Proficiency with various software including Word, Excel, Google Workspace, Publisher, Zoom, Slack, Database systems, etc.
- Professionalism and Social Presence and Perceptiveness - Projecting professionalism in all areas with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Time Management – Excellent time management skills.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure of the English language, excellence in written and verbal communication.
Physical, Community & Environment:
- This position involves walking, sitting, some lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted, fine dexterity, hearing, visual, and speaking skills.
- While working at an event, there will be exposure to loud music, dark work areas with professional lighting to correspond with our customer's dance music.
- Keyboarding and screen time, use of general office equipment.
- Our work environment is urban-centric with indoor work, sharing work areas with others.
- Positive and energetic attitude and can thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality and accuracy.
Next Steps & Information
- Please respond with your resume and a brief introduction of yourself/cover letter - highlight any dance industry experience you may have.
- Candidates must be 18 or older, we are not sponsoring any work permits for this position.
- The candidates selected will be required to submit to a background check.
- Agencies, we'll contact you should we need your assistance, thanks.
Break The Floor Productions is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to
inclusion and diversity and ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without
regard to any state and federal legally protected characteristics. Check out our
social commitment to keeping dance safe.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65K - $70K per year, DOE