- Employment status: Full-time, open immediately
- Typical work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm with the potential of weekend and evening work onsite when necessary.
- Travel: If assigned, the availability to travel via air with our Tours Thursdays - Sundays.
About Our Business
Break the Floor Productions is one of the world’s preeminent dance entertainment production companies, encompassing live dance touring conventions and competitions, dance workshops, photo and video production, corporate events, and apparel. With a broad range of business prospects and a reach of over 300,000 dancers at over 130 tours annually, Break the Floor Productions is largely responsible for the transformation of dance entertainment!
We’re a rapid growth company and are always looking for great new people to join our team! Like to travel? Absolutely! The creative type? Yep! A people person? Sure! We have many different teams and departments who need someone just like you…and the best part, you don’t need to dance to join our team!
About the Position:
The Tour Office Registration Manager position supports our Tour Managing Directors
(MDs) and Convention Managers (CMs). Knowledge of the dance convention
business is a HUGE plus!
Essential Job Duties:
- Weekday office work in our Hollywood/North Hollywood offices.
- Coordinating event registration, registration changes, and answering questions pertaining to registrations.
- Providing superior customer service to our clients.
- Proficiency with handling multiple clients at once.
- Comfortability with taking and making multiple client phone calls.
- Comfortability with learning and utilizing registration database systems.
- Assisting Convention Managers with day-to-day office tasks and weekend tour preparation.
- Ability to prioritize in a busy environment, complete assigned work and anticipate current and future needs.
- Clerical tasks such as sorting, preparing mailers, handling information requests.
- Travelling to events may be necessary at times, please indicate whether you are comfortable with air travel.
Basic Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer Service - Providing high-level customer service via phone and in-person to valuable clients.
- Professionalism and Social Presence and Perceptiveness - Projecting professionalism in all areas.
- Time Management – Excellent time management skills.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure of the English language, excellence in written and verbal communication.
Physical, Community & Environment:
- This position involves walking, sitting, some lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted, fine dexterity, hearing, visual, and speaking skills.
- While working at an event, there will be exposure to loud music, dark work areas with professional lighting to correspond with our customer's dance music.
- Keyboarding and screen time, use of general office equipment.
- Our work environment is urban-centric with indoor work, sharing work areas with others.
- Positive and energetic attitude and can thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality and accuracy.
Next Steps & Information
- Please respond with your resume and a brief introduction of yourself/cover letter - highlight any dance industry experience you may have.
- Candidates must be 18 or older, we are not sponsoring any work permits for this position.
- The candidates selected will be required to submit to a background check.
- Agencies, we'll contact you should we need your assistance, thanks.
Break The Floor Productions is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to
inclusion and diversity and ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without
regard to any state and federal legally protected characteristics. Check out our
social commitment to keeping dance safe.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,100 - $1,300 per week, DOE