- Employment status: Full-time, open immediately
- Typical work schedule: Tuesday – Sunday, with weekend work offsite; Monday – Friday on non-event weeks
- Travel: The availability to travel via air with our Tours Thursdays - Sundays.
About Our Business:
Break the Floor Productions is one of the world’s preeminent dance entertainment production companies, encompassing live dance touring conventions and competitions, dance workshops, photo and video production, corporate events, and apparel with a reach of over 300,000 dancers at over 130 tours annually.
We’re a rapid growth company and are always looking for great new people to join our team! Like to travel? Absolutely! The creative type? Yep! A people person? Sure! - we encourage you to apply!
About the Position:
The Tour Convention Management Staff position supports our Tour Managing Directors (MDs) and Convention Managers (CMs). Knowledge of the dance convention business is a HUGE plus!
Essential Job Duties:
- Weekday office work in our Hollywood/North Hollywood offices.
- Providing excellent customer service onsite at events to our clients.
- Providing detailed administrative support in day-to-day office tasks.
- Handling and organizing event registrations.
- Answering phone calls and emails regarding event registrations.
- Managing registrations with edits and adjustments per client needs.
- Booking and coordinating air and ground travel for staff, faculty and crew.
- Organizing and booking hotel accommodations and coordinating with host hotel.
- Weekend tour prep and packing.
- Managing and posting on tour’s social media accounts.
- Managing expense and receipt tracking.
- Travel approximately 30 event weekends per year (typical travel is Thursday to Sunday).
- Ability to prioritize in a busy environment, complete assigned work and anticipate current and future needs.
- Clerical tasks such as sorting, preparing mailers, handling information requests.
Basic Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer Service - Providing high-level customer service via phone and in-person to valuable clients.
- Professionalism and Social Presence and Perceptiveness - Projecting professionalism in all areas.
- Time Management – Excellent time management skills.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure of the English language, excellence in written and verbal communication.
Physical, Community & Environment:
- This position involves walking, sitting, some lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted, fine dexterity, hearing, visual, and speaking skills.
- While working at an event, there will be exposure to loud music, dark work areas with professional lighting to correspond with our customer's dance music.
- Keyboarding and screen time, use of general office equipment.
- Our work environment is urban-centric with indoor work, sharing work areas with others.
- Positive and energetic attitude and can thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality and accuracy.
Next Steps & Information
- Please respond with your resume and a brief introduction of yourself/cover letter - highlight any dance industry experience you may have.
- Candidates must be 18 or older, we are not sponsoring any work permits for this position.
- The candidates selected will be required to submit to a background check.
- Agencies, we'll contact you should we need your assistance, thanks.
Break The Floor Productions is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to inclusion and diversity and ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to any state and federal legally protected characteristics. Check out our social commitment to keeping dance safe.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,200 - $1,400 per week, DOE